Routes2Roots, an NGO working with a clear vision of spreading sustaining peace across the world by promoting people to people contact through cultural diplomacy. Art, culture and exchange programs are powerful tools of diplomacy which help understand the background, history and culture across the borders.
Formed with a vision of ‘connecting cultures’, constantly striving to bridge the socio-cultural distance between India and the world through music and art thereby becoming cultural diplomats to the world. Ever since its inception (2004) our shows and exhibitions have traveled to more than 20 cities in India and to 12 international cities in Russia, China, United Kingdom, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and South Africa. It has always been the motto of R2R to bring much needed global integrity & harmony amongst people, cultures and values across borders and especially in SAARC countries. It has been successfully implementing its mission and to some extent takes some credit to have brought together a sense of brotherhood particularly between India and Pakistan through exchange of cultural activities by promoting traditional cultural events.
Routes2Roots is a member of World association of Non Government Organisations (WANGO) and FICCI SAARC Forum. We host exhibitions, cultural performing arts, DVD/ CD releases, Student Exchange Program and Oral Histories Exchange Programs in India and abroad. Routes 2 Roots cultural diplomacy has a global scope and features work and presentation from all regions of the world.
Routes2Roots has to its credit various international festivals held on Country to Country reciprocal basis like:
- Celebrations of 60 years of diplomatic ties with China and India in China
- Celebrations of 65 years of diplomatic relation between India and Russia in Moscow & St. Petersburg
- Festival of India in South Africa
- Presentation of honorary doctorate to the Indian superstar Mr. Shah Rukh Khan in UK
- The programs hosted by Routes2Roots have been honored by the visit of world leaders including The President of India, Prime Minister of Sri Lanka and Pakistan
- Awarded The Intercultural Innovation Award by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations for its Student Exchange Program on the 7th UNAOC Global Forum